Home Care Packages

If you need support to remain in your own home, you may be eligible for a government subsidised Home Care Package.

A Home Care Package (HCP) gives you full felxibility to tailor your services to suit your needs, this is called Consumer Directed Care, and there are many choices of support: nutrition, domestic and personal assistance, transportation, shopping, nursing and allied health services, mobility and in-home respite, just to name a few.

The professional case managers at Cobdenhealth will help to plan and coordinate your in-home care services.

Eligibility for Government Funded Home Care Packages

The Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) will determine your eligibility for a home care package (or other help at home).

To get a referral for an ACAS assessment, call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422; or, call ACAS direct on (03) 5561 9351; or, see your local doctor, district nurse or other health professional to be referred.

There is no minimum age requirement, assessments can be done in the privacy of your own home, and they are free.

You may be required to complete an Income Tested Fee Form, which you can download here: Income Tested Fee Form

My Aged Care provides a fee estimator tool, which you can access here: My Aged Care Fee Estimator

Case Management

You decide the level of involvement you want with managing your Home Care Package.

Our Case Managers meet with you to discuss your goals and preferences when developing your care plan. Your package is tailored to your needs and has the flexibility to adjust as your needs change.

The fees payable will vary depending on the level of services required and are negotiated upon acceptance of a package. For more information contact Cobdenhealth.